Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for experienced Suppression Technicians in the Evansville, IN area to join our best-of-the-best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs; we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
SALARY $23-25/HOUR, DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL OVERNIGHT FOR 3-5 DAYS THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
$2,000 sign-on bonus for experienced suppression technicians
- The inspection, installation, and repair of Clean Agent, CO2, and Fire Alarm systems, along with the associated electronic detection and control systems, to ensure proper functionality
- Inspect Clean Agent, CO2, and Fire Alarm systems and document deficiencies
- Install Clean Agent, CO2, and Fire Alarm systems per drawings
- Service and repair Clean Agent, CO2, and Fire Alarm systems
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest, mainly Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open-minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures, and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- Relevant Fire Protection, Life Safety, or Low Voltage experience
- Relevant Mechanical experience
- Experience with electronic testing devices
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to meet state licensing requirements and vendor certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
- Must be able to effectively use a cell phone and cell phone apps
- Lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs. push and pull greater than 75 lbs.
- Climb a ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet and use a man lift to perform services
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services. It is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- All Positions require background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A test for Evidence of Substance Abuse by urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.