Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for a Suppression Technician in the Evansville, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
SALARY UP TO $27/HOUR DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATIONS
- The inspection, installation and repair of Clean Agent, CO2 and Fire Alarm systems along with the associated electronic detection and control systems to ensure proper functionality
- Inspect Clean Agent, CO2 and Fire Alarm systems and document deficiencies
- Install Clean Agent, CO2 and Fire Alarm systems per drawings
- Service and repair Clean Agent, CO2 and Fire Alarm systems
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest, mainly Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama
- Interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- Low Voltage experience or Relevant Mechanical experience
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to meet state licensing requirements and/or vendor certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
- Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs, push and pull greater than 75 lbs
- Climb ladder reaching height of at least 12 feet, use man lift and reach heights exceeding 40 feet to perform services
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.