Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for a Fire Alarm Service Technician in the Columbus, IN., area to join our best-of-the-best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. We want to hear from you if you’re up for the challenge!
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs; we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a significant health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and more.
SALARY $19-40/HOUR, DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
- The service and maintenance of Fire Alarm systems and their components to ensure proper functionality.
- Service and troubleshoot systems to diagnose problems and identify solutions.
- Ensure customers understand the functionality of their system.
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers professionally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices.
- Open-minded willingness to continue learning.
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures, and core values.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management.
- Read and interpret diagrams, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience with electronic testing devices
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to meet state licensing requirements and vendor certifications.
- Valid driver’s license
- Fire Life Safety, Low Voltage or Security experience
- Fire Alarm Manufacturer certifications
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of IT functionality
- Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools.
- Must be able to use a cell phone and phone apps effectively.
- Lift and carry at least 50 lbs. Push and pull more significantly than 75 lbs.
- Climb a ladder reaching at least 12 feet and use a man lift to perform services.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within three days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services. It is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- All Positions require background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A test for Evidence of Substance Abuse by urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.