Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an Experience Fire Alarm Service Technician in the Columbus, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Whether you are taking your first step or your next step, you’ll find that a career at Koorsen Fire & Security is a rewarding, exciting, empowering, friendly, and inspiring time. While the Koorsen Fire & Security family has grown by leaps and bounds from its humble beginnings in 1946, it is still very much a family. Join the family today and help us continue to grow stronger and better every day.
SALARY UP TO $30/HOUR DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
- The service and maintenance of Fire Alarm systems and their components to ensure proper functionality
- Service and troubleshoot systems to diagnose problems and identify solutions
- Ensure customers understand the functionality of their system
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open-minded willingness to continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures, and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- Read and interpret diagrams, blueprints, and specifications
- 4+ years of experience in fire alarm install or service
- Experience with electronic testing devices
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Fire Life Safety, Low Voltage or Security experience
- Fire Alarm Manufacturer certifications
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of IT functionality
- Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
- Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs., push and pull greater than 75 lbs.
- Climb ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet and/or use a man lift to perform services
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.