Inventory Control – Louisville, KY
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for the effective management of all inventories on trucks and in the stockroom located at the branch locations of Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. Must maintain accurate inventory levels and ensures inventory is available and ready for use to help ensure customers receive outstanding customer service.
Enthusiastic, energetic professional with a positive attitude that has previous Inventory Control experience, is detailed oriented, versatile and has exceptional organizational skills. The candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, have good communication skills and be customer oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyze, and maintain Minimum and Maximum (M/M) levels in all trucks and the stockroom located at the branch office.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels, report shortages, overages and all inventory levels and replenish according to set standards.
- Work with branch to return overstock inventory from their trucks to the branch stockrooms.
- Work with vendors and corporate purchasing to maintain inventory in the branch warehouse
Shipping and Receiving
- Ship and receive inventory and properly record and catalog according to set procedures.
- Receive delivered inventory, confirm that goods match purchase order specifications of quantity, condition, model number, etc. and complete all necessary paperwork for items received.
- Resolve any freight error or damage claims in a timely manner.
- Prepare shipping documents and schedule freight pick-ups as required.
- Prepare returns and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging.
- Prepare kits for shipping to customers and field technicians
- Organize and maintain warehouse and inventory areas for efficient material storage and handling; maintain labeling systems and stock inventory shelving with stock items.
- Operate indoor and/or outdoor forklifts, and other necessary vehicles and equipment, to properly handle materials being received, issued, stocked, etc.
- Prepare parts lists using Excel, v-lookups, etc.
- Maintain the uniform program with both supplier and employees.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Follow all environmental and safety regulations in compliance with US law.
- Follow Koorsen policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and professional communication with coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Represent Koorsen in a professional manner.
Trust the Experts
- 75+ years in business
- Family owned & operated
- 25+ locations across Midwest
- One point of contact
- Experts on local & national codes & regulations
- Hands-on training on all makes & models
- Total protection, one source
- Highest quality products & systems
- Customer training available
- Service agreements & warranties provided
- NICET certified & factory trained
- Certified distributor of all major life safety brands
- Fully insured & bonded
- Nationally recognized training center