Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an experienced Sprinkler Fitter Trainee in the Fort Wayne, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
SALARY UP TO $25/HOUR DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
- The installation and service of Fire Sprinkler systems and their components to ensure proper functionality
- Install Fire Sprinkler systems per drawings
- Service and repair Fire Sprinkler systems
- Ensure customers understand the functionality of their system
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open-minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures, and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- Relevant mechanical experience
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to meet state licensing requirements and/or vendor certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
- Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs., push and pull greater than 75 lbs.
- Climb ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet, use man lift and reach heights exceeding 40 feet to perform services
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.