Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an experienced Shop Technician in the Dayton,OH. area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Primarily responsible for the in-house inspection, testing, and recharging of fire extinguisher and suppression system cylinders in accordance with DOT and NFPA guidelines. This position also requires regular maintenance of facility grounds as well as the shop area itself.
- Place tested extinguishers for re-use by extinguisher technicians, communicating with them on a regular basis
- Ensure fire extinguisher is prepped and ready for acceptance of dry chemical prior to recharge
- Fill extinguisher with dry chemical to appropriate pressure
- Maintain service record of cylinder recharge
- Prepare extinguishers for testing, emptying chemical and disassembling valve
- Inspect dry chemical for moisture or contamination and prepare for reuse if suitable
- Inspect extinguisher cylinder for corrosion
- Prepare extinguisher for recharge
- Recharge extinguisher upon completion of testing and re-assembly
- Communicate with extinguisher technicians regarding completed test
- Empty trash from trash bins
- Sweep and mop (when necessary) shop and facility floors
- Ensure that Shop area is clean and well organized
- Inspect facility grounds, both interior and exterior, and perform grounds maintenance as needed
- Clean facilities as needed
- Aid in receiving and recordkeeping of new extinguisher stock
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have mechanical experience
- Must be able to attain state extinguisher service license and kitchen hood license with 180 days from date of hire
- Must be able to attain certification for hydro-testing
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- Must be able to pass drug and background screenings
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to push and pull greater than 75 pounds as needed
- Must be able to do receptive motions
- Ability to pass a background check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift, reach, handle, grasp, use eye, hand, and foot coordination, use repetitive motions, talk or hear, see. The employee is occasionally required to sit, carry, push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and feel.
Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 75 pounds; push and pull greater than 50 pounds as needed; safely use and climb a ladder and reach a height of at least 12 ft.; safety use a man lift and reach a height of up to 40 feet to perform services.
Weather environment and exposure
The employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, loud noises, and medium physical work exertion 2 to 5 hours per day.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.