Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an Security Systems Engineer in the Indianapolis, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
- Provide higher level engineering and design support for integrated security systems (access, video, intrusion)
- Understand bid processes in security
- Experience with estimating cabling for security projects
- Experience with Enterprise level security systems
- Assist sales staff with estimates and product selection to meet customer’s needs
- Provide technical support to technicians and customers
- Read and interpret blue prints, diagrams, specifications to support project delivery
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner
- Open willingness to continual learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- 4+ years prior IT network and electronic security systems experience (access, video, intrusion)
- Access and Video product line certifications a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform some repetitive motions while using a computer
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
- Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status.
- Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act.
- E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers’ rights notice are available in English and Spanish.
- Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
- Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.