Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for experienced Security Systems Installation Technicians in the Indianapolis, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Primarily responsible for inspection/service or repair of low voltage electrical systems including Security Alarm, Video, CCTV, Camera and Access Control systems. This is a hands-on position requiring a mechanical/electrical aptitude coupled with excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with customers to identify necessary and desired system components
- Manage system inventory and materials
- Read wiring diagrams and systems blue prints to assure proper and safe installation
- Up-sell products to meet customer needs/wants
- Mount low voltage electrical devices & panels
- Run and install wires per manufacturer specifications and code
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Perform on-site troubleshooting when necessary to complete the job
- Provide customer with system operation training
- Keep work truck clean and organized
- Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
- Perform emergency calls on security systems
- Take customer calls 24 hours/day while on call, answering and responding to calls in a timely manner
- Conduct emergency assessments and return systems to proper operational status immediately
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Must have security installation experience or experience in computer networking
Must be well versed in the safe use of hand and power tools
Active Driver License, in good standing required.
Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
Must be able to pass drug and background screenings
Must be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet
- Prior lift training and/or experience is highly preferred
- Knowledge of construction site and workplace safety practices is highly preferred
- xperience with multi-meter, man-lift operation, use of computers, and compass software is preferred
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.