Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an Off Road Vehicle Fire Suppression Technician in the Knoxville, TN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
- Install and service of fire suppression systems and automatic lubrication systems on heavy equipment/machinery
- Representing Koorsen in a professional positive manner
- Customer service, satisfaction and communication
- Continued communication and cooperation with Koorsen staff
- Follow safety rules and good driving habits
- Follow Koorsen policies and procedures
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor
- Complete and process required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical aptitude and background
- Welding experience
- Knowledge of automatic lubrication systems
- Heavy equipment background
- Knowledge of electrical systems
SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have regular and punctual attendance
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be able to access and tolerate small crawl spaces
- Must be able to access all areas of route vehicle, including loading & unloading materials
- Overnight travel involved often
- Must be willing to travel significant distances on occasion
- Must be willing to travel for weeks at at time
- Must be self-motivated
- Responsible for emergency service calls at all hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & EXPOSURES:
- Must be able to carry, lift, push, and pull a minimum of 75 pounds
- Must be able to safely climb a ladder and reach a height of at least 12 ft.
- Constant (5-8hrs/shift) talking and hearing
- Frequent (2-5hrs/shift) standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination
- Occasional (up to 2hrs/shift) lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, and grasping
- Exposure to hot/cold/moisture and noise and hazards occasionally (up to 2 hrs./shift)
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.