Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are seeking a Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Inspector in Nashville, TN area to join our best-of-the-best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. We want to talk to you if you’re up to the challenge.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs; we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a significant health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and more.
SALARY $22-35/HOUR, DEPENDING UPON EXPERIENCE
- The inspection and test of Fire Alarm/Sprinkler systems and their components to ensure proper functionality.
- Inspect and test Fire Alarm/Sprinkler systems and document any deficiencies.
- Ensure customers understand the functionality of their system.
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers professionally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices.
- Open-minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures, and core values.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management.
- 2 + years of fire alarm experience
- Read and interpret diagrams, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience with electronic testing devices
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to meet state licensing requirements and vendor certifications.
- Valid driver’s license
- Fire Life Safety, Low Voltage, Security experience
- Fire Alarm Manufacturer’s Certifications
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of IT functionality
- NICET certification
- Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools.
- Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs; push and pull more significant than 75 lbs
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes, and loud noises
- Climb a ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet, use a man lift, and reach heights exceeding 40 feet to perform services.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within three days of employment. The U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services require this form. It is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse through a urinalysis test are required if this application results in an offer of employment.