Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for a Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Inspector in the Cleveland, Ohio area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Pay up to $35/hour depending on experience
Will take entry level with transferable experience
- The inspection and test of Fire Alarm/Sprinkler systems and its components to ensure proper functionality
- Inspect and test Fire Alarm/Sprinkler systems and document any deficiencies
- Ensure customers understand functionality of their system
- Interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
Read and interpret diagrams, blueprints and specifications
Experience with electronic testing devices
Pass drug and background screenings
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Able to meet state licensing requirements and/or vendor certifications
Valid driver’s license
KY Fire Alarm License or 18 months of fire alarm experience to test for fire alarm license
- Fire Life Safety, Low Voltage, Security experience
- Fire Alarm Manufacturer’s Certifications
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of IT functionality
- NICET certification
Able to safely and effectively use general hand and power tools
Lift and carry a minimum of 75 lbs, push and pull greater than 75 lbs
Climb ladder reaching height of at least 12 feet, use man lift and reach heights exceeding 40 feet to perform services
Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes and loud noises
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.