Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for experienced Fire Alarm Service Technician in the Terre Haute, IN area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
This position is primarily responsible for the installation, repair, troubleshooting and programming of fire alarm systems in commercial, industrial, municipal, health care and other facilities as required. This is a hands-on position requiring electrical aptitude coupled with excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Verifies fire alarm system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Install and troubleshoot fire alarm systems as required
- Maintains records by documenting service and repair. Submit documentation to supervisor
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
- Maintain truck in good order; inventory performed twice a year
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of three years of experience in fire alarm install, programming or service
- Must have or be able & willing to attain state license if needed
- Must be willing to be on call with a rotating schedule. This can result in significant overtime hours for that week.
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- Must be able to pass drug and background screenings
NICET level II or III preferred
Fire Alarm Programming experience preferred
- Basic understanding of IT functionality
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50-75 pounds, and climb a ladder reaching a height of at least 12 feet.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other legally protected status.
Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act.
E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers’ rights notice are available in English and Spanish.
Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring”at”koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.