Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent—yours. We are looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Sales Representative in the Akron, OH area to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you’re up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don’t provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
The primary duty of this position will be to professionally and positively represent Koorsen Fire & Security and promote the sales of fire alarm, fire suppression, and structured cabling to electrical contractors and end users. The prospective candidate will be responsible for the entire sales process of quoting/bidding sales, negotiating terms, closing sales opportunities, and ensuring profitable growth of the company in an enthusiastic and timely manner
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with current branch customers, Electrical and General Contractors
- Identify fire alarm system upgrades, moves, adds and change opportunities
- Cold call facilities, Electrical and General Contractors for new relationships
- Coordinate lunch and learns for prospective contractors and customers about our products
- Understand how to interpret prints and drawings
- Maintain pipeline data in Ignite – Sales Tracker
- Interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of and follow all safety regulations and practices
- Open minded willingness for continual learning
- Follow all Koorsen policies, procedures and core values
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management
- Previous sales experience; Life Safety preferred
- Dress professional and maintain a clean vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass drug and background screenings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform some repetitive motions while using a computer
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, temperature changes and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
- New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form within 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify. B
- Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, and the Department of Motor Vehicles are required for all Positions.
- Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis tests are required if this application results in an offer of employment.