Integrated Security Systems Engineer – Indianapolis, IN
The primary responsibility for the Integrated Systems and Network Support Engineer is to provide integrated security systems design and support services for the Sales and Operations teams, and to help our company meet the needs of our customers using extensive industry knowledge and a professional approach.
1. Systems Design, Planning, and Support
- Working with the mutual support of the Engineering Team, provide excellent design and estimating services for the Sales and Operations teams. Develop accurate cost estimates for the specifications provided, or as defined and documented in the scope of work.
- Help develop scopes of work that are well defined and set clear expectations for both our customers and our Operations team.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all system designs and configurations in a shared and organized structure, where other team members have ready access to this information.
- Work with the Operations team to provide post-sales support, especially prior to implementation. The goals are to improve parts list accuracy before ordering, provide technical details/diagrams/information to enhance installation efficiency, offer strategic/tactical advice, and to give any other useful support that will help ensure a successful effort overall.
- Work with the Operations team to develop and record excellent post-installation documentation for the installed system, with the goal of creating a depository of information for the benefit of the Service team and for future proposals.
2. Network Systems Support
- Participate in developing Koorsen Fire & Security standards for network installation and network security by providing technical expertise, research, and support.
- Participate in developing a consistent look and feel to system documentation outlining these KFS standards.
- Assist in establishing and implementing Best Practices for Network installation and security.
- Develop training curriculum and documentation to propagate this information to our teams.
3. Take part in technical training and mentoring programs for KFS and partners as directed.
4. Assist and/or facilitate the organization of software and hardware training sessions for field technicians.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Provide detailed and accurate documentation materials as necessary for the Sales and Operations teams.
- Interpret Scopes of Work, drawings, specifications, etc. to support project delivery
- Provide technical presentation assistance as needed
- Provide technical training to our technicians, team members, and customers as needed
- Ability to support the Sales team with developing/maintaining key clients and help them develop strategic opportunities
- Timely completion and processing of all required paperwork
- Represent Koorsen Fire & Security in a professional positive manner
- Customer service and satisfaction
- Maintain daily communications with coworkers, customers, and other involved parties regarding status and progress of all assigned efforts/tasks underway.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Possess a desire for continual learning with the goal of developing and improving understanding of security industry systems and concepts.
- Work safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, and loss of unused material.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and legible manner.
- Perform all additional duties as assigned by your manager
Trust the Experts
- 75+ years in business
- Family owned & operated
- 25+ locations across Midwest
- One point of contact
- Experts on local & national codes & regulations
- Hands-on training on all makes & models
- Total protection, one source
- Highest quality products & systems
- Customer training available
- Service agreements & warranties provided
- NICET certified & factory trained
- Certified distributor of all major life safety brands
- Fully insured & bonded
- Nationally recognized training center