Fire Alarm Technician – Nashville, TN
Summary: Primarily responsible for service and repair of fire alarm systems in commercial, industrial, municipal, health care and other facilities as required. This is a hands-on position requiring electrical aptitude coupled with excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
Fire Alarm Installation, Service and Repair
- Verifies fire alarm system functioning by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintains records by documenting service and repair. Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
- Experience of Commercial Fire Alarm inspections, Service and repair and service
- Working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming and testing desired
- Knowledge of electrical systems. Able to read diagrams and blueprints.
- Assist in the Inspection, Service and repair and signal verification of Fire Alarm & Security Systems
- Computer skills; MS office, email
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Maintain an acceptable driving record and drug testing
- Clear understanding of UL accounts
- Work in a team environment with paid “On Call” scheduling
Job, Inventory, and Vehicle Preparation Duties
- Work efficiently and utilize resources to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance, and keep work truck clean and organized
- Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
- Work with general contractors when necessary to finish a job
- Manage the Service and repair jobsite in an efficient and safe manner keeping it clean, organized, & professional
- Complete NFPA certification and life safety testing, maintaining current knowledge of NFPA code
Trust the Experts
- 75+ years in business
- Family owned & operated
- 25+ locations across Midwest
- One point of contact
- Experts on local & national codes & regulations
- Hands-on training on all makes & models
- Total protection, one source
- Highest quality products & systems
- Customer training available
- Service agreements & warranties provided
- NICET certified & factory trained
- Certified distributor of all major life safety brands
- Fully insured & bonded
- Nationally recognized training center